Job Summary and Working Relationships:
- Internal: Reporting to the Project Supervisor and Program and Area Managers and based in Ginatilan Office, Cebu, the Training and Documentation Officer will work closely in a team composed of Social Workers, Physical Therapists, SPED Teachers and other professionals to meet the project goals.
- External: Government officials, government agencies, LGU Department Heads, community leaders, community volunteers and members, children and youth with disability and their families, stakeholders, other NGOs, media and private sector.
The position directly contributes to the successful implementation of the Community-Based Inclusive Development Program for Children and Youth with Disability in partnership with ten municipalities/cities of Cebu Province. Thus, this requires to travel regularly around Camotes and Bantayan islands and southwest areas in Cebu.
- Writes training proposals;
- Monitors training activities of the project and ensures these are implemented within the time frame;
- Prepare, administer, consolidate, and analyse results of training needs assessment (TNA) and pre and post training evaluation;
- Assess administrative and logistical requirements of training activities, and ensures these are adequately provided;
- Ensure proper documentation of training activities, and prepare training reports following prescribe formats and procedures;
- Develops and updates training modules of the project;
- Maintains training database in collaboration with the team;
- Coordinates with the admin and finance team for funding needs of training activities;
- Gathers participant feedback especially appropriateness and relevance of training design, quality of trainers, etc.;
- Documents Human Interest Stories, lessons learned of the project implementation;
- Contribute to project planning and improvement of work processes / tools.
- At least university degree (preferably but not required Development communication, Mass communication, Education, Social work)
- Preferably has experience working in an NGO setting;
- A team worker;
- Good decision making skills, organized, and takes the initiative;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation and administrative abilities;
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy;
- Willing and able to heavy travel;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Commitment to NORFIL Foundation’s vision, mission, core values and principles.
Interested and qualified applicants regardless of gender, disability, civil status, ethnicity, religion, etc. may apply.
Address your LETTER OF APPLICATION to Ms. Angelina A. Dungog, NORFIL Area Manager. Send in your RESUME and TRANSCRIPT OF RECORDS to:
NORFIL Foundation, Inc.
Airbase Road, Sangi, Pajo
Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu
Tel-Fax (032) 340-1170
Tel : (032) 340 5722