Step 1: INQUIRY
Phone call, letter, visit to the agency
Step 2: ATTENDANCE TO A PRE-ADOPTION FORUM
The prospective adoptive parent/s are provided with basic orientation about legal adoption, its process and requirements. NORFIL conducts this forum every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month. There is a registration fee of Php 500.00 for couples and Php 300.00 for single applicants which covers kit materials, certificate, and light snacks.
Step 3: APPLICATION
Submission of filled–out Adoption Application Form together with the complete
Step 4: ASSESSMENT
- Home visit/individual and joint interviews of applicants
- Collateral interview of family members and significant others
- Preparation of Home Study Report (HSR) by an Adoption Social Worker
Step 5: APPROVAL/ DISAPPROVAL OF APPLICATION
If approved: HSR and complete documents are submitted to DSWD for review and inclusion in the approved list of adoptive families
If disapproved: Applicants will be informed
Step 6: MATCHING/ FAMILY SELECTION
Presentation of the adoptive applicants’ case at the Local Matching Conference at DSWD to match them with a child legally free for adoption
Step 7: PREPARATION FOR PLACEMENT
Information about the child is shared with the PAPs to help them understand the child’s background.
If accepted by PAPs:
- Submission of PAPs Acceptance Letter to DSWD.
- Issuance of Pre-Adoption Placement Authority (PAPA) and Affidavit of Consent to Adoption (ACA) by the DSWD
If PAPs declines:
- Social worker provides the adoptive family with counseling to help them come up with realistic expectations about adoption and resolve any issues that they may still have before another child is again proposed to them.
- If counselling interventions did not work out, PAPs is required to submit a written explanation for non-acceptance of the child to DSWD- Field Office (which is the basis for the decision on whether to present the PAPs on the next matching conference for another child or put the PAP on-hold for further re-assessment.
Step 8: PLACEMENT
Physical transfer of the child to the adoptive home
Step 9: POST-PLACEMENT VISIT
- Monthly visits by the Adoption Social Worker for 6 months
- Submission of Post- Placement reports with photos to the DSWD and Child Caring Agency
Step 10: FINALIZATION OF ADOPTION
- Filing of Child’s Petition for Adoption in court through the PAP legal counsel, not later than 30 days upon receipt of PAPA and ACA
- Attendance to court hearing/s
Step 11: ISSUANCE OF ADOPTION DECREE/AMENDED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Issuance of the adoption decree by the court
- Issuance of the amended birth certificate by the Local Civil Registrar